You've finally made the decision that your family needs a Sport Court in your backyard. Sport Courts provide a safe place for your family members to get the exercise they need, and a place where neighborhood kids (including your own!) can play safely all day. But how do you choose the right game court for your needs? And how do you know you're dealing with a trustworthy manufacturer and dealer?
Here are some questions to ask game court dealers before you buy to ensure you're getting a quality product.
1. Where are your game courts manufactured? - Sport Courts are manufactured in the U.S., and warehoused locally, reducing the carbon footprint and ensuring that manufacturing materials and processes stand up to rigorous U.S. standards. Sport courts are also eco-friendly, made from 100 percent recycled rubber in a zero-waste facility.
2. What sort of warranty is available? - A good modular game court should be warranted for 10 years or more, often pro-rated after the first three years. Make sure your dealer/installer has been in business longer than the length of the warranty. This is a good rule of thumb to determine that you're not dealing with a “fly-by-night” company and that, if anything happens, they will honor the product's warranty.
3. How long has the manufacturer been in business? - When you're choosing a long-lasting product like a game court, you want to go with proven technology and a proven manufacturer. Longstanding companies have the network, revenue and technology to innovate the best products, with the experience to select a dealer network that will get the job done right for you. Connor Sport Court International, makers of Sport Court brand game courts, have been making indoor and outdoor Sport Courts since 1974. You can be assured they will honor their warranties and support their dealer network.
4. How much experience do your dealers have? - How many courts has your dealer network installed? - Equally important as the manufacturer's reputation is the reputation of the dealer network. Sport Court East's dealers have installed more than 100,000 indoor and outdoor game courts since 1974, and Sport Court East is the exclusive distributor of Sport Courts in the New York tri-state area. We have an extremely low turnover rate; many of our dealers have been in business as long as we have.
5. Are dealers licensed and insured? - As with hiring any contractor who will be working on your property, you want to make sure the firm is licensed and insured. All of Sport Court East's dealers are licensed and insured.
6. Can you show me samples of other yards like mine with sport courts? - In sports and business, there's a saying about knowing how to “walk the walk.” An extensive portfolio of game courts like the one you want for your backyard speaks volumes about a dealer's experience and skill.
Want to learn more, download our top 10 buying tips: